Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Wine Tasting: 2014 Predator Old Vine Zinfandel

Tonight's wine was an interesting story.  I purchased this wine to "top up" my Lodi Old Vine Zinfandel wine that I'm making. (yes, I'm a home winemaker!)   Topping up is something you do to fill the wine container so their is minimal air in on the wine.  Oxygen turns wine to vinegar, I must minimize my wine's exposure.

2014 Predator Old Vine Zinfandel

Tasting Notes:
Medium bodied and crimson in color.   Very interesting cranberry, kiwi, and bubblegum on the nose.  Juicy pomegranate and black cherry with a dried fruit medley.  Bold, but not overly heavy, fruit forward with a long and nicely balanced finish.

Final Thoughts:  This wine was an eye opener.  I wasn't expecting too much, I just wanted to good enough to top up with.  Very flavorful, juicy, without being a heavy jammy wine, but still jammy like you expect from a great Zinfandel.  I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment