Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Wine Tasting: 2013 Ravines Dry Riesling, Fingler Lakes

Tonight's dinner is Gumbo and for many of my favorite Cajun dishes, a Riesling is my preferred wine pairing.

The wine is Ravines 2013 Dry Riesling from the Finger Lakes region of New York State.  Ravines has been making quite a bit of noise recently for a few of their white wines and that includes their dry Riesling.

Tasting Notes:
Greenish gold and medium plus body. Smooth and juciy with a perfectly matching alcohol level. (12.5% ABV) Scents of citrus, rubber, and green raisins on the nose and semi-tart honeydew and a light lemon zest on the palate. Very good acidity and finish. Nicely balanced wine.

Final thoughts: This is a very good wine.  I try a lot of wines and many are very good, but I don't continue to buy them all.  I can definitely say it will be on my buy list.

No comments:

Post a Comment