Thursday, March 24, 2016

Wine Tasting: 2012 Baron Cooper Old Vine Zinfandel, Tamura Vineyard

A product of Greg Burns of Jessie’s Grove and St. Amant.  Baron Cooper Old Vine Zinfandel from Tamura Vineyards is up for tasting tonight.

I've actually had this wine and a Luke Goldschmidt Cabernet Sauvignon waiting for tasting for several months now.  Considering their supposed quality, I'm surprised it's taken me this long to get around to them.

Tasting Notes:
Aromas of red fruit, floral essence, with some hints of radish. On the tongue it's has a savory cranberry sauce flavor, a light impression of pepperiness along with other spices and rich velvety floral on the palate. Almost silky texture with a long finish and nice acidity for a good balance. Very nice.

Overall, an excellent Zinfandel.  I wish I had picked up more than just two bottles.

No comments:

Post a Comment