Thursday, May 26, 2016

Wine Tasting: 2014 Intrinsic Cabernet Sauvignon

Tonight's wine is a very youthful wine.  I choose this wine from a friend of mine who loves Washington wines not to mention it has a fantastic wine label!

It's 2014 Intrinsic Cabernet Sauvignon from the Intrinsic Wine Company which is owned by Ste. Michelle and the winemaker is the head winemaker for Columbia Crest.  Juan Muñoz Oca.

Generally, I would drop a 2014 Cab/Sauv in the cellar and wait for it, but I wanted to try this one.  If it was good, I would pick up a couple of more bottles to age a bit.

Tasting Notes:
Dark purple and it’s youth can really be seen at the edges. Red fruit, mainly plum rind on the nose. Really minimal aromas at this point. On the palate, it’s very fruit forward and juicy, but comes off a bit thin. It has an edge to it like a young wine will and with some decanting would probably open up a bit more.

Final Thoughts:
I would say this wine is a buy and hold. It definitely has upside. Hopefully it being a bit thin doesn't hurt in the long run.  Though I think it will be fine.


No comments:

Post a Comment