Thursday, June 2, 2016

Wine Tasting: 2013 Columbia Crest Wautoma Springs Vineyards Reserve

Tonight was the night to ensure my Columbia Crest Wine Club shipment wasn't tainted by the heat during shipping. (a week shipping and 90F+ heat) I would have rather cellared it, but I needed to know if I had to send it back.

I like the packaging.  Simple yet elegant black and gold label with winemaking notes on the front of the label.  An ornate cork that is quite attractive.  

Tasting Notes:
A dark lushish purple and surprisingly fast legs.  On the nose there is florals, blueberry and an earthen minerality.  Medium bodied, yet very juicy with flavors of plum, black cherry and allspice.  It finishes is quite long and it begs for another taste.

Final Thoughts:
A bit thin and young, but very good none the less.  It doesn't appear tainted by heat during shipping.  I recieved two in my shipment and I may purchase another to replace this one in my cellar.

No comments:

Post a Comment