Friday, July 8, 2016

Vin de ce soir 2011 Château Cormeil-Figeac Saint-Emilion Grand Cru.   I picked this up at a really nice wine shop near my house.  The shop owner commented when I was checking out that it was a good choice.

Tasting Notes:
Luscious red fruit along with an earthen potting soil and wet gravely aromas.   On the palate, more red fruit just more flat than the aromas were.  Again, more earthen flavors this time more volcanic rock than wet gravel.  I expected more, but am not getting it.

Final Thoughts:
Not bad, but more plain that good.  I wonder if maybe something is off about the bottle since I expected better with the recommendation from the owner who I know is a good judge of wine.  I did not taste anything off about it.  Just tasted like a rather plain jane red blended wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment