Friday, August 26, 2016

Wine Tasting: 2013 Bodegas Juan Gil Monastrell, Jumilla

I have a bad habit when I'm roaming my local wine shops.   I like to pick up a few bottles to taste and my local wine shop starts giving discounts at six bottles, so I always end up looking for a last bottle or two to round out the number to six bottles.

I decided I wanted to try another Spanish wine so I went to the Spain section.  After poking around a bit, I found this rather bland labeled wine.  2013 Juan Gil Monastrell from Jumilla.

Tasting Notes:
Hues of Ruby and Violet with gratuitous scents of blueberry, plum, and black cherry.  Powerful flavors of dark fruits, citrus zest, and late earthen mineralities flourish with this wine.

Final Thoughts:
Wow!  For $15US, this is an incredible deal!  It's not silky smooth like some of the really great wines, but this wine is an eye opener.  Big and bold and just great tasting and very aromatic.  If you see it sitting on the self at your local wine shop and you love trying new wines.  You would be doing yourself a disservice if you didn't pick up a bottle to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment