Monday, September 19, 2016

Wine Tastings: 2014 McManis Family Vineyards Viognier

The other day I was looking for a white to have for pairing purposes.  While poking around the shop, I noticed a Viognier.  I've tasted very few Viognier as most of the time, I have tried wines that were blended with Viognier.

They were generally pretty good and had a distinct flavor to them.  This bottle was only $10US, but it seem to get somewhat decent reviews, so I picked it up.

Tasting Notes:
Light gold in color. Medium plus body with aromatics of wet gravel and light lemon lime scents. Creamy flavors of citrus and honeydew that comes off semi sweet initially and then tails into nice tangy finish.

Final Thoughts:
One of the better $10 wines I've purchased in some time.  QPR heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment