Sunday, June 19, 2016

Wine Tasting: 2012 Decoy Zinfandel

I've recently tried Duckhorn's Goldeye and thought it was fantastic.  Today, I wanted to try another one of their products.  The Decoy line of Zinfandel.  The 2012 vintage to be exact.

Tasting Notes:
Burgundy in color with medium legs.  Jammy red fruit on the nose, On the palate I would a completely sugarless raspberry.  The point that it's is on the edge of being outright bitter.  The acidity is quite high out of the bottle, but it burns off after a bit, though not enough to vastly improve the wine.  The wine is thin lacking the body you generally expect from a big Zinfandel.

Final Thoughts:
I'm a huge fan of big fat jammy Zinfandel.  I'm not a fan of this wine as it definitely is not one of those.  This is however, my first Decoy wine. I really enjoy Duckhorn's Goldeneye wines.  I hope other wines in the Decoy line do not disappoint as this one does.

No comments:

Post a Comment