Thursday, June 16, 2016

Wine Tasting: 2013 Doran Vineyards Chenin Blanc

Tonight's wine is one of a white grape that interest me quite a bit. A South African Chenin Blanc.   Specifically, the 2013 Barrell Fermented Doran Chenin Blanc.

I'm really becoming a fan of Chenin Blanc.  While many white grape wines have a specific profile.  I've tasted Chenin Blancs that are surprisingly different.  In many cases, if I didn't know they were a specific varietal. I would think they could be blends of several known whites.

Tasting Notes:
Straw in color with a grapefruit and guava aromas.  The flavors start off as a mellow citrusy truffle and then quickly explode as the acidity brings limon, lime and apircot forward.
Final Thoughts:
This wine has a very interesting taste profile. Specifically the way it starts off mellow almost flat, then springs to life with a fantastic acidtiy and bursting with flavor.  Definitely a thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment