Monday, June 27, 2016

Wine Tasting: 2013 Columbia Crest H3 Cabernet Sauvignon

I actually had this wine the other night, but I'm only getting around to posting my thoughts tonight.

I must say, that I am definitely becoming more of a Washington State wine fan of late.  Though I must admit a winemaking friend of mine who is really a fan of Washington wines  has really made me examine more Washington wines.

So, this wine is the 2013 Columbia Crest H3 Cabernet Sauvignon.

Tasting Notes:
Garnet in color with scents of plum, and licorice. Cranberry, with earthen flavors of forest floor and minerals with a long peppery finish. Smooth, but not quite silky. Good body and the alcohol punches forward, yet the bold flavors and long finish make it blend well.

Final Thoughts;
I enjoyed this wine, though another winemaking acquaintance of mine said he didn't qutie appreciate the 2014 version of this same wine.  Could be age, could just be a lacking wine.  Anyway, I do like the 2013 vintage.

No comments:

Post a Comment