Friday, June 10, 2016

Wine Tasting: 2014 Meiomi Pinot Noir

On the docket tonight is a wine that I've been meaning to try for some time, but there always seemed to be an excuse to open a different wine.

Meiomi Wines is a fairly well known brand.  I've tried one of their Chardonnays.  Tonight is their 2014 Pinor Noir and the grapes are sourced from three different locations within California. Monterrey County, Sonoma County, and Santa Brabara County.

Tasting Notes:
Scents of cranberry sauce and spices.  Fruit forward flavors with tangy strawberries, pomegranate, sour cherry following up with a smokey finish.  The wine is smooth and quite tasty.

Final Thoughts:
This is a tasty wine.  When I have company come over, especially company that doesn't visit often, I like to open a good wine.  This is a wine I would open with an infrequent visitor.

No comments:

Post a Comment